In the node detail page
Haldi Ki Sabzi
- Duration: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Medium
Remember to always use raw turmeric for the recipe and fry it in desi ghee to prevent the natural bitterness of the turmeric from seeping into the final dish.
- 3078 views
Haldi Ki Sabzi is a traditional Rajasthani recipe that is especially served during weddings. Though essentially a winter dish, it is easily available at the state’s many restaurants even during summers.
- Raw turmeric (kachchi haldi) (4 to 5)
- Desi ghee (3 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (¾ tsp)
- Coriander (dhania) seeds (½ tsp)
- Curd (dahi) (1 cup)
- Asafoetida (hing) (a pinch)
- Salt (to taste)
- Thoroughly wash the kachchi haldi and dry it using a kitchen towel. Peel and grate it and keep aside.
- Wash and chop up the green chillies.
- In a large bowl, add the curd, chopped green chillies and the grated haldi.
- Next, add in the MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder, dry coriander seeds and salt and mix well. Allow the haldi to marinate in the curd mixture for some time.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai. Toss in the jeera and as soon as it begins to splutter, add in the hing and the haldi mixture. Keep cooking and stirring for about 20 minutes, or till it has started to thicken.
- The Haldi Ki Sabzi is now ready. Serve with jowar roti, missi roti or plain roti.