In the node detail page
Garlic Chutney (Poondu Thogayal)
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Medium
Remember to use big garlic cloves to make this Thogayal as they are more flavourful.
- 3814 views
Garlic Thogayal is popular because it is considered good for health – garlic is believed to help prevent heart disease, cancer and high blood pressure. It also helps regulate blood sugar levels. The great thing is that Garlic Thogayal tastes excellent as well, and pairs famously with rice, and not just with tiffin recipes.
- Garlic (lahsun) skinned (30 pods)
- Dry red chillies (sabut lal mirch) (4)
- Tamarind (imli) (lemon-sized)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cooking oil (1 tbsp)
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the lal mirch and garlic cloves in it till they have turned golden brown and an appetizing aroma has begun to waft out. Keep aside.
- Soak the tamarind in a little water and add it to the garlic mixture.
- Grind the mixture to make a smooth paste.
- Garlic Thogayal is now ready. Serve with hot rice and ghee.