In the node detail page
- Duration: 35 minutes
- Serves: 6–8 people
Spice Level: Low
Churi is dry and has a crushed texture, which is why it is important to add sugar only after it has cooled down or it will turn churi into a syrup.
- 2153 views
Churi is a dry sweet made out of flour, ghee and sugar, similar to the Punjabi dessert, panjeeri. In fact, on every purnima (full moon), Sindhis offer this preparation as a prasad as it is considered to be auspicious.
- Clarified butter (ghee) (1/2 cup)
- Wheat flour (atta) (1 1/2 cup)
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
- In a heavy-bottom pan, heat ghee.
- Add wheat flour and roast it on low heat till it turns golden-brown in colour.
- Turn off heat and allow the wheat flour to cool completely at room temperature. Add sugar and mix until well blended.
- You can serve churi right away or store in an airtight container for 2–3 days.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street