In the node detail page
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
The Chaas can be flavoured with roasted and crushed jeera powder and kala namak. Adding some crushed ice to it will also help you keep cool. And, most importantly, remember to keep the Chhaas runny and not thick.
- 1358 views
Chaas has for long been the main summer drink for the farmers who spend long and tiring hours working in the fields. It is considered to be the best combatant of heat and dehydration and is also known to have good digestive properties.
- Curd (dahi) (1 cup)
- Roasted cumin seeds (bhuna jeera) powder (½ tsp)
- Ice cubes, crushed (4 to 5)
- Black salt (kala namak) (to taste)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhania) (for garnish)
- Water (2 cups)
- In a blender jar, add in the dahi, kala namak, ice cubes and water.
- Keep blending till the mixture has become frothy.
- Pour the Chaas in glasses. Garnish with hara dhania and serve immediately.