In the node detail page
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
After cooling, keep it in an airtight container. Garlic and curry leaves can be added to the Bhadang for that extra twist. Stays fresh for a couple of weeks.
- 1950 views
Bhadang is a puffed rice snack which comes from the western region of the state. It is an anytime, anywhere dry snack which goes well with tea. For variety, you can spice up the Bhadang with onions, hara dhania and a dash of lemon juice.
- Murmura/puffed rice (3 big bowls)
- Garlic (lehsun) cloves, sliced (6 – 7)
- MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder (2 tsp)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) ( 1 tsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Kadi patta/curry leaves ( 3 sprigs)
- Salt ( to taste)
- Oil (4 tbsp)
- Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Heat oil in kadhai and add sarson, kadi patta, haldi and garlic and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the murmura and remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Stir fry on low flame for about 5 to 10 mins until the puffed rice is fully coated and becomes crispy.
- Serve with tea and store the rest in an airtight container.