In the node detail page
- Duration: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
The potato slices need to be thin enough to be cooked without water. Stir them consistently to prevent them from burning.
- 8253 views
Batatyachya kacharya is a delicious, slightly crispy potato side dish. It is a quick dish that can go with lunch or dinner. Kacharya is a Marathi word which means very thin potato slices. In Maharashtra, batata kacharya is a must dish if you are travelling.
- Potatoes (aloo) (4-5)
- Green chilies (hari mirch) (2-4)
- Whole red chilies (sabut lal mirch), broken (1)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1 tsp)
- Asafoetida (hing) (1 tsp)
- Curry leaves (kadi patta) (3-5)
- Oil (for frying)
- Wash and peel the potato skin. Cut the potatoes into thin slices.
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add sarson and let it splutter.
- Add hing and MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder.
- Add kadi patta and red and green chilies. Sauté the chilies.
- Add chopped potatoes and mix them.
- Fry the potatoes till they become tender.
- Add salt and heat till the potatoes are crisp.
- Garnish with hara dhania and serve hot.