In the node detail page
Aloo Gobhi ka Bharta
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Medium
To avoid spoiling the taste of the dish, do not completely mash the gobhi into a paste.
- 1809 views
Aloo Gobhi Ka Bharta is a popular dish at almost all Punjabi dhabas. This dish is prepared with mashed potatoes, cauliflower, onions, and tomatoes and cooked in spices. Even better, it is a quick and simple recipe and goes well as a side dish with the main course
- Gobhi (cauliflower), de-stem (2 cups)
- Potato, boiled (2)
- Oil (3 tbsp)
- Jeera (cumin seeds) (1 tsp)
- Ginger, finely chopped (1 inch)
- Garlic cloves, chopped (4)
- Chilli paneer powder (1/2 packet)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- MTR Garam Masala Powder (1 tsp)
- Raw mango powder (amchur) (1/2 tsp)
- Green chillies, finely chopped (2 to 3)
- Onions, finely chopped (2)
- Salt (To taste)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhania), chopped (1 tbsp)
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add jeera, ginger and garlic.
- Sauté for a minute. Now, add green chillies and sauté till the garlic turns brown.
- Then, add onion and sauté till it turns brown.
- Add gobhi into the kadhai and mash it. After a few seconds, add MTR Lal mirch powder, MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder, Chilli paneer powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now, add potatoes and mash them. Mix well and add MTR Garam Masala Powder. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add hara dhania and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Aloo Gobhi Ka Bharta is ready to be served hot.