In the node detail page
- Duration: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Zero
Do not overheat the oil because if the oil gets too hot, the outside of the bhatura turns brown too quickly, leaving the inside under cooked.
- 4833 views
Aloo Bhatura is a famous Punjabi breakfast dish made with a mixture of atta, maida, dahi and mashed potato. It is usually served with chhole or rasedaar aloo. The unique thing about Aloo Bhatura is that they remain soft even if they are kept for a long time.
- Wheat flour (atta) (2 cups)
- Maida (1 cup)
- Potato, mashed (1)
- Baking soda (1/2 tsp)
- Curd (dahi) (1/2 cup)
- Oil for kneading the flour (1/2 tsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Salt (To taste)
- Oil (for deep-frying)
- In a paraat, add atta and maida along with baking powder and mix well.
- Add the mashed potatoes, curd, sugar and salt and mix them well. Knead with some water to make smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep aside for two hours.
- Now, lightly knead it again.
- Then, make medium-size round balls of the dough and roll each of them into a poori sized bhatura with a rolling pin.
- Fry each bhatura in moderately hot oil till it puffs up and turns slightly brown.
- Serve hot with chhole or aloo curry.