In the node detail page
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Low
It is good to remember that the potatoes will be crisper and tastier if they are thinly-sliced.
- 9425 views
Aloo Bhaja is a traditional Bengali recipe that is similar to the regular fried potatoes. It is part of daily meals at Bengali homes and goes well with dals.
- Potato (aloo), peeled (5 to 6)
- Yellow mustard oil (sarson ka tel) (6 tbsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (¼ tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (½ tsp)
- Peel and cut the potatoes into thin strips and keep them soaked in water for about an hour.
- Remove the potato strips from the water and lightly squeeze out any extra water. Put them in another bowl.
- Now, add in salt and the MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder and mix well. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Toss in the jeera and then add the potato strips.
- Keep shallow-frying till they are evenly cooked, crisp and light brown in colour.
- Drain and place on absorbent paper and serve hot with chappatis.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street