In the node detail page
Adrak Nimbu Ka Sharbat
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
Spice Level: Zero
Several different varieties of limes/lemons are found during Indian summers, choose a variety of lime, lemons and even sweet lime to make this sharbat more refreshing.
- 7464 views
The Indian summer drink, sharbat, like the country itself, is an amalgamation of multiple ingredients and varies in its preparation across the subcontinent. The lemon-ginger version is very popular and is sure to drive the heat away.
- Ginger (adrak), sliced (1 tbsp)
- Fresh mint leaves (pudina) (1/4 cup)
- Lemon juice (nimbu ka ras) ((3 tbsp))
- Sugar syrup (3/4 cup)
- Black salt (1/2 tsp)
- Ice cubes ( as required)
- Lemon slice for garnishing (1)
- Grind ginger, 15 mint leaves, ice cubes, 1/4 cup sugar syrup and lemon juice in a mixer.
- Add black salt, 3 cups of water and the remaining sugar syrup to the mix.
- Pour this sharbat into a tall glass, garnish with remaining mint leaves, lemon slice and serve.