In the node detail page
Mag Nu Shaak (Moong Dal Sabzi)
- Duration: 20 minutes+soaking time
- Serves: 5-6 people
Spice Level: Medium
Take care that the dish is not runny. To ensure good consistency, be careful with the water content in the dish. The consistency is what separates it from being a regular dal dish.
- 15252 views
Moong Dal Subzi is a spicy but healthy vegetarian dish which is highly regarded for its protein-rich content.
- Green gram (moong dal) (1 cup)
- Oil (2 tbsp)
- Cumin-coriander powder (jeera-dhania powder) (1 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Salt (To Taste)
- Lemon juice (1 tsp)
- Wash the moong dal thoroughly and soak it for 4-5 hrs in warm water. Drain the water and keep the dal aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add 4 cups of water and the dal. Keep the mixture to cook through four whistles. Then, get the cooker off the flame and allow the steam to escape naturally.
- In a kadhai, heat oil and add MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder and moong dal to it. Stir well.
- Now, add MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder, salt and jeera-dhania powder and mix well yet again.
- Add 1 cup water and stir intermittently while the dal cooks for 2 mins on slow flame.
- Add lemon juice.
- Mag Nu Shaak is ready to be served with roti or rice.