In the node detail page
Kela Sheera (Banana Halwa)
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Zero
Roast the shoji on a low flame and remove just before it turns brown.
- 6532 views
Sheera is the Marathi term for halwa. In Maharashtra, Sheera is a must-have for festive occasions, especially on Ganesh Puja or Satyanarayan Puja. It is part of the prasad offered to the deity and then served to people.
- Semolina (suji), roasted (1 cup)
- Ripe banana (kela), chopped (1)
- Raisins (kismish) (5-8)
- Cardamom powder (elaichi) (2)
- Almonds (badam) (5-6)
- Desi ghee (2 tbsp)
- Sugar (2 tbsp)
- Saffron(kesar) (a pinch)
- Hot milk (1 cup)
- Heat some ghee in a kadhai. Add the pre-roasted sooji into it and fry till it starts letting off a heady fragrance.
- Now, add the chopped bananas into it and stir. Add hot water or milk and the dry fruits and continue stirring.
- Next, mix the sugar and stir. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finish off by adding a pinch of kesar. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve banana sheera hot.